7 reasons to visit Elmhurst, IL
I grew up in Elmhurst, IL which means I may be a bit biased, but given Elmhurst’s proximity to Chicago ensures that there is plenty to do. Below are my top 10 things to see while you visit Elmhurst, IL.
Lizzardo Museum of Lapidary Art: lapidary art is art that is made out of gemstones. Truly a site to see and this museum features wonderful pieces.
2. Wilder Park: This was once voted Chicago’s best suburb park. Pretty much all you need to know.
3. Enchanted Castle: No this is not Disney world. It however a massive complex that features laser tag, go-karts, bowling, bumper cars, and more.
4. D.O.A. Room escape: Use clues and riddles to escape from a themed room.
5. Safari Land indoor amusement park: Great place to take the kids and let them blow off some steam.
6. Elmhurst Art Museum: This is hardly your run-of-the-mill art museum. This museum owns a house built by the late architest Mies van Der Rohe, which is the second of only three houses that he built in the United States.
7. Elmhurst history museum: Learn more about Elmhurst.